Chocolate, Werewolves, & One Very Long Walk: New YA Books from MacKids
September 18, 2012 | Comments: None Yet - Post a Comment
- Safekeepingby Karen Hesse
- Necromancing the Stone by Lish McBride
- Because It Is My Blood by Gabrielle Zevin
Safekeeping by Karen Hesse is the story of a girl, Radley, who just wants to get home to her parents in Vermont. While she was volunteering abroad, the American People’s Party took power; the new president was assassinated; and the government cracked down on citizens. Travel restrictions are worse than ever, and when her plane finally lands in New Hampshire, Radley’s parents aren’t there.
Exhausted; her phone dead; her credit cards worthless: Radley starts walking.
What you need to know:
- Safekeeping started as a rant
- 50 of Karen’s own pictures are spread throughout the book
- This is not your typical dystopian novel
Necromancing the Stone by Lish McBride is the sequel to 2010′s Hold Me Closer, Necromancer. With the defeat of the evil Douglas behind him, Sam LaCroix is getting used to his new life. Okay, so he hadn’t exactly planned on being a powerful necromancer with a seat on the local magical council and a capricious werewolf sort-of-girlfriend, but things are going fine, right?
What you need to know:
- Author Lish McBride is on the Fierce Reads tour, starting today!
- Douglas might not be dead…
- You can follow Lish McBride on Twitter for news, updates and wacky hijinks!
Because It Is My Blood by Gabrielle Zevin is book two in the Birthright Trilogy, following All These Things I’ve Done. Since her release from Liberty Children’s Facility, Anya Balanchine is determined to follow the straight and narrow. Unfortunately, her criminal record is making it hard for her to do that. No high school wants her with a gun possession charge on her rap sheet. Plus, all the people in her life have moved on: Natty has skipped two grades at Holy Trinity, Scarlet and Gable seem closer than ever, and even Win is in a new relationship.But when old friends return demanding that certain debts be paid, Anya is thrown right back into the criminal world that she had been determined to escape. It’s a journey that will take her across the ocean and straight into the heart of the birthplace of chocolate where her resolve–and her heart–will be tested as never before.
What you need to know
- “Every time I think I’m out, they pull me back in.”- Michael Corleone, The Godfather
- You can watch the kickass book trailer here!
- Become a fan of Gabrielle Zevin on facebook for more updates about the Birthright Trilogy!